More Than Just the Internet
KanREN At a Glance
- Registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization
- Self-funded – No on-going state or federal funds
- Full financial disclosure to members
- Governed by members
- Facilitate group purchases, increasing vendor discounts
- Founded in 1992, before “the Internet” as we know it existed
- Consistently leading the nation in technology and capabilities
- Lawrence, KS small business – member funds stay in Kansas
KanREN is an experienced, forward- thinking, member based consortium offering custom, world-class network services, innovations and support for researchers, educators, and public service institutions in the state of Kansas who require a direct, dedicated, high-capacity infrastructure when performance is imperative to success.
KanREN serves the StateNet role in the 3-tiered model for education and research entities. The 3-tiered model has been proven a cost effective, efficient and scalable solution for meeting the unique connectivity needs of education and research.