Lawrence, KS: The Kansas Research and Education Network (KanREN), the only member-based consortium providing Internet and network technologies to research, education, and public service institutions in Kansas, is pleased to announce the Board of Directors for 2017-2018:
- Kevin Brokaw, USD 372 Silver Lake School District (K-12)
- G.A. Buie, United School Administrators of Kansas (K-12)
- Rob Caffey, Kansas State University (Regents)
- Cory Falldine, Emporia State University (Regents)
- Eric Freeze, University of Kansas (Regents)
- Mark Griffin, Fort Hays State University (Regents)
- Jeff Hixon, State Library of Kansas (Library)
- Andy Jett, Baker University (Private College)
- Michelle Kaiser, Barton Community College (Community College)
- Angela Neria, Pittsburg State University (Regents)
- Keith Neufeld, Wichita State University (Regents)
- Tyler Palmer, Lawrence Memorial Hospital (At Large)
- Sr. Diana Seago, Mount Saint Scholastica (At Large)
- Steve Selaya, University of Kansas Medical Center (Regents)
- Jim Tagliareni, Washburn University (Regents)
- Sandra Warner, Johnson County Community College (Community College)
At its annual membership meeting on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, KanREN members elected two new Board Members to serve on the KanREN Board. Kevin Brokaw, USD 372 Silver Lake,was elected to serve as a K-12 School District Director, and Tyler Palmer, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, was elected as an At-Large Director.
Two Directors were re-elected to continue service on the KanREN Board. Andy Jett, Baker University, was re-elected to represent Private Colleges & Universities and Michelle Kaiser, Barton Community College, was re-elected to serve as one of two Community College Directors. G.A. Buie, Executive Director for United School Administrators of Kansas was recently appointed to complete the term of a vacant K-12 School District Director.
KanREN is the only organization of its kind in Kansas. Positioned to leverage economies of scale, KanREN works alongside members across the state to meet the unique technical, connectivity and security requirements of Kansas community anchor institutions.
Cort Buffington Executive Director, KanREN phone: 785-856-9800 email: firstname.lastname@example.org