Join KanREN in partnership with Ruckus Wireless on Wednesday, May 2 from 9am – 3pm for a hands-on wireless LAN technical seminar exploring:
- Cabling requirements for 802.11ac/ax. Cat5 vs Cat6 vs Cat7, what do I need?
- WLAN Introduction and basics. What is signal-to-noise?
- WLAN Security. TLS, RADIUS, etc; How does it all fit together?
- WLAN Design best practices. How many APs do I need? Where do they go?
- WLAN Secure onboarding overview. How do I get users on the network securely?
This seminar will also feature a hands-on lab portion focused on:
- Build a Ruckus Network
- VLANs, LLDP, PoE, controller, APs
- Each attendee connects AP to SmartZone
- AP Discover
- Basic WLAN configuration
- Securing the WLAN
- Troubleshoot issues with SmartZone
- Configure secure onboarding services (if time allows)
Course requirements: Attendees will need a computer with a web browser and WiFi adaptor.
Registration deadline: 5:00pm Thursday, April 26th, 2018.
Limit: KanREN Members only. 24 attendees on a first come, first served basis.
Cost: There is no fee to attend.
Refreshments and lunch provided by Ruckus Networks.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com